Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas and Snowy Days with A Hospitality Christmas Party.

So, We had a White Christmas this year! And it Pretty much has not stopped since then.
For the most part the winds have kept the snow from laying around too thickly, Sweeping most of it into the bay and the Ocean.
Well that is until Today, where the Wind is calm and the snow just keeps on coming. At least an inch since I came in a 7am, with no signs of ending. In fact we are supposed to be getting another storm here this week. The Forecast says it is supposed to get warmer and turn to rain, melt most of this away and then turn back to snow, but right now I am really doubting that. Oh well, More snow means more Salmon berries in the summer!! So that's a good thing.
So, On Christmas Day the Hospitality Employees have a party, just for us. Most of the other times, Even for the Unisea Party, the Hospitality employees are working so this is pretty much the only day available.





Lots of food is made, along with some homemade treats by the employees. I did up two chocolate cakes and 2 Pineapple upside down cakes.
The General Manager Tom Enlow worked the Bar along with Lisa. the Food And Beverage Manager.
Darrel provided some music,


And I announced the Present exchange.

Just a few of my Housekeepers

Anna, From Laundry and First Floor Rooms



Genet and Tigist, 3ed Floor Rooms
Carmelita (Unisea Inn), Vitalina and Lydia Second Floor, and Mel from Front Desk.
Anna Again and Her Hubby Mike a Public Attendant/Driver
Ron from the Unisea Grill and his Wife Claudine Second Floor.
And Kassim, Harbor View Bar Manager and his family.
A Great time was had by all. It is always Great not to have to worry about customers for one night.
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

mamawas said...

Thanks for the snowy pictures and moisture sure does increase berry production.

Are the roads passable in Unalaska without four wheel assist, chains etc????

Happy New Year
Donna

CaliGirl9 said...

Just passing through to wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, CB! I've enjoyed visiting your little slice of heaven, and visiting with a like-minded person :) The best to you and yours!

Mystic said...

I'm so glad the Hospitality staff got an evening to relax, eat, drink and be merry!
I saw on "The Brig" blog that someone stole one of your nutcrackers. BOOOOO!
Hugs!
Mystic

Lori said...

Looks like a nice time was had by all. I LOVE the Alaskan Amber picture behind Anna. I love that beer and can only get it when I'm out west - they don't ship it past Colorado.

The snowy pics are beautiful - wish I could say the same for here- but as you know, no "white" Christmas where I live.

gentle_sea_breeze said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures. I live in South Carolina and for the 1st time in 40years we also had a White Christmas!! :D

Kimi said...

Beautiful party pics. Loved the food shots.

Anonymous said...

CB
I love reading your blog. You guys really know how to put on a spread!
I would love to visit your little area of the world- maybe someday!
I am from Maryland and enjoyed a snow filled holiday this year. Keep up the great blog!!

Margrita said...

What an awesome party CB so nice that you and the hospitality staff all can have a Christmas party. What a gorgeous sight the snow great snowy pictures thanks for sharing them. We were lucky this year and got a white Christmas here. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!