Thursday, February 19, 2009

49F Day, Party for Dan, and Some CM news

After unloading at Unisea the Cornelia Marie headed to The Delta Western Fuel Dock to fuel up before heading back out to Fish. (They Are hoping to get out before midnight tonight so they do not have to wait till Saturday). 800,000 lbs to go...... On My First Trip to the Grocery store today (Bad Veda, making Phil upset and needing a card and chocolate to cheer him up..) Alexander decided to follow me.
"Swan Nets" is currently repairing some of the Pollock nets and has them stretched out all over the upper portion of the block between the Hotel and the Grocery Store. Alexander followed me all the way over and back. (Don't worry, he got plenty of treats to reward him.) Isn't he growing up nicely?
Yesterday, While the rest of Alaska was dealing with a blizzard watch and record snow amounts, In Dutch it hit 49F and All the snow melted leading to a beautiful, but muddy day.

AND Finally Dan Left today for his treck to Sweden. To cross the Arctic Circle in Feb, In Sweden. I organized a suprise party yesterday,, and for once I was able to pull it off without him finding out till the singinng started!!

Got You Dan.

And Finally, KATHERINE!!! She have that baby yet? Melissa and I both need some help with our Natural "highlights"!!!

Really, At this point, I suggest the "waking her each morning by screaming" approach again.

Have a great night everyone!!

CB

11 comments:

mamawas said...

Lovely CM pix and cake CB lot's of expensive groceries in your future tonight huh???

Donna

Reading said...

all the cakes look great....can I have a small slice of each....Welcome back Dan...enjoy the grocery store....

Anonymous said...

CB, please give Dan a big hug and kiss from me and ask him to remember Tantef while he is treking. A nice postcard...you know the auntie thing!

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS!!! FINALLY pics of my fave Yacht! Be still my heart - Just so very glad to see recent pics!

Carlisleboy said...

And Helen, if you read between the lines you can see that Phil is still on the boat.......

Elizabeth Douglas said...

Great shots! Glad the CM's doing well. It's really cool to follow Alexander through his life. :) I hope Dan has a great time on his trek! I've been reading his blog to see what all he's going to be up to over there. Oh, and I'm all about that cake. :)

Nebraska Outback said...

Thanks CB. Wow, 800,000 lbs left. That seems like A LOT!

Lauri said...

Hi...I just talked to Freddie (CM) and Vanessa...they stopped by the library...anyway, Freddie said they have probably 3 more trips and that fishing is good! Best of luck and fun to Dan on his trek. We will miss him AND I also need help with my "natural" highlights also...Hurry up and have that baby, Catina!

Kimi said...

Great pics today CB. Good luck Dan! Hope he has the time of his life! Ill leave the cake out. I really hate this dang diet!

Margrita said...

Wow Alexander looks great he has really grown. thanks for all the great pictures. You are a good friend to plan such a nice party for your friend glad it went well.

MsGiantsFan said...

Thanks for the NW & CM shots CB! Oh...speaking of shots :)