Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Brunch 3-1-9, Windy Day, Coasties, Northwestern, Pampered Chef, Mr. Otter,Track Dan in Sweden, and Alexander showing off!

Ok, So first of all Blogger changed some setting so I can not figure our who among my followers is new, so speak up if your name is not on the following list, and I will Correct it!
Welcome:
"..",jules,dixiebelle,medic917,KY dusty, jan,captain sten girl,Psycho Cheer Mom,MegPie,Melissa,inkprincess,hobo,carrie,Alena!,Aleutian Islander,Karebear,babeyg2004, and DarrylBeth,nittanybeth, Akutan's April Dawn,jolycu, Bunny Kins,Kath,Sally Ann,Missy,Barnets tante,and jaicne!Sandi,the egyptian knight,cathyc, Karin_nl,MsGiantsFan,browneyes878922,Terri,Amy_Liz,Bubbs,Mystic Dreamer,cinarte,Laura, Jules0724, Jamie, carol,Sammi,Debbie,Jax,Sadie94,Ari,Sheirrh,Corey,The Wench,outlaw,Belvora, Greentigereyes,sindee,where the wild things are,Yeolfin,Airam,jagercrosbyswench,EMTSrescue,AmyP,Reesa,mm,StaceyC12,hobo,Snowbaby disanm.,valerie, Sara K,Middyrulz,Bandita Jamie, Böj10girl,Debbie and SethsGmomThinkinNaughty,Sue, HHCrabs=HugsandKisses,cher in Cal,Alena!,Shades,NCE,Becky, MaryC, 2001z2Jennifer,Storm, Kat, Maskerade, ppatches60, kturbush,HHElliana, otterwoman09, Melly,Edgarfan,mamawas, Mick Muise, Copperpossum, Reading, Sugar Queens Dream,octoberone, Angel Girl,ErieLady, Leigh,Steve J,crabby in jersey,nordlys,suzasippi Margrita,la isla d'lisa, Fizz Wood, Elizabeth,gbbarb,Alexis08r, Lauri, rpascale, Nebraska Outbback,homergirl78, MeowMix, purrduedvm, Bonnie, Helen, GryffHoo, Ninja-Motorhome, Mystic, sunshiner, Dani, Miss, 13rook3, snowymistyriver, BunnyC, TexasHoosier,Lori,Bryan Kraai, Kim, Kathy, Ang, Janice, Alaska Steve, Frieda, Mom, Ernie, Joann, Austin, Shirley, Ken,AND BUTTONS!
Will you please join me
For Sunday Brunch At the Award Winning Chart Room Restaurant,Located at The Grand Aleutian Hotel In Dutch Harbor Alaska?

It is a windy rainly day Out Dutch Harbor Way.........


Mr. Otter is waving Hello to everyone! (I think he has kicked all the others out of the Bay in front of the hotel because he wants certain treats left by certain people all to himself)Why Not start out with some Crab and Shrimp.....
Or some Fruit and Salads while Junior and Willie work putting out the main courses....
They Decided to "Mix it up" a bit this week so there is
Quiche Lorraine.....

Spanish Chicken and Rice..........
And Some of Paul's EXCELLENT 5-spice rubbed short ribs with Hoisen Sauce.

Steamed Veggies and salads for My friend Trouble, an evil Vegitarian.
Willie's Greek Potato salad (Really nice)

And Of course the Dessert table, from two different angles.
Now, On to the Deadliest Catch. (I apologize in advance for the photos taken last night once the NW FINALLY got to start their Offload, It was windy, rainy and dark thus the poor quality, I'll try to get some better ones today.)

The NW was sitting "Second Boat Out" at the Trident Dock waiting to Offload down at Harbor Crown. Seems they "missed" their scheduled time (Bad Weather) and Had to wait till the F/V Sultan offloaded.
And now here is an Edgar shot.......look closely and you can just see his hair in the right 1/3 of the photo.... By the Time they Finally Got down there to start the offload, Sig had just about lost his voice. (Now I am not saying it was from all the yelling abou the offload, but...........LOL) Still, he was in a bit of discomfort last night at the bars...........
Harbor Crown is Right down the street from my Apartment Complex, so I got to have the NW light shining in my window last night. (Naughty NW supposed to turn off the sodiums in town!!) Of Course it allowed me and my guests to have a grown up game of shadow puppets..........On second thought, Thanks Northwestern!!!



NW Crab Right from the hold
NW Crab after processing being loaded into the Refer units out front.
And this is a shot from this morning from the front door of my Apt Complex looking over at the NW's Light at Harbor Crown.
Cornelia Marie should be in next week!! Can't Wait!! If they deliver to Unisea am planning a "Follow that Crab" with "Jorge", "George's" Evil Opilio Cousin.
Happened to be up by the Airport when the Coasties were leaving after spending a few days in Dutch. Great Rescue Guys, but I really hope you are BORED OUT OF YOUR MINDS for the rest of the season!
I went to a "Pampered Chef" party over at CookieDough's House yesterday with Alena!
(I got away with only ordering $236.00 worth of stuff, by telling myself that there will be another party soon!!)
Tired Junior and His Mum!! Make sure to check out her website:
Cookiedough's Cheesecake, Crabdip and Dessert Pizza. We ate like crazy. No wonder some of us ended up taking a "Nap" in the tub!! Amazingly, Alena was able to hold that "Root Beer" Up. Check out her blog at
And Finally, Make sure to check in on my Boss's progress in Sweeden! Daily Prayers are said Dan!!!
Track Me
Published by Dan
A quick post to let those of you interested in following me along the Kungsleden know that I have setup my SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker. Once on the trail my location will be sent via satellite to the SPOT tracking service and reported on the website linked below. I have added a Track Me link at the top of the site as well.
Follow along as I trek the Kungsleden
Dan on his first Trip along the trail..........
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
CB

25 comments:

mamawas said...

Crab legs for brunch is my order. All the NW pix and information on the download wait were just right.

Luckiest catch huh???


Donna

Dani said...

great choice of food today, dunno what looks best!!!
glad NW finally got their offload started and good to see a piture(of sorts) of edgar, a picture of his hair is better than nothing!!
CD's food looks good too, i wouldnt say no to a piece of the cheesecake.

Kimi said...

Im crying. I was really looking forward to a good Edgar pic.

Food looks incredible. Crab, shrimp and fruit salad for me today! Great pics CB. Thanks for the update. Is the NW done?

Jax said...

Awesome brunch CB.. the Quiche has me craving some now! LOL at you playing finger puppets to the NW sodium lights! Thanks for all the news, and the otter is SO cute!

Mystic said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyy my otter! Yeah, I'm going to claim Oliver the Otter! I pulled up Dan's tracker. Very neat! Good stuff today!
Hugs...

Carlisleboy said...

I may not get that Edgar shot guys. The NW is pulling out in about an hour and Edgar is the one who is on board right now and not at the bar. (I'll post the Pics I just took tomorrow though)
Matt is looking really good!!! All of us should be really proud of him and how he has come back!!
Sig is Rough looking though guys and gals, just a warning for tomorrow.

LinusAndLucyLove said...

Wow -- looks yummy! Love your posts!

Nebraska Outback said...

CB thanks so much for the post. Great brunch and DC update.

Kochava said...

Brunch looks great - big crab legs and of course dessert always looks great. Might have to get Trouble to share her vegitarian with me though.

Kim - you and I both will be crying. No Edgar pic for you and no Norm pic for me :-(

Elizabeth Douglas said...

Wow, you had me at the crab, shrimp, and fruit! That otter is adorable, and nice pics of the NW! Thanks again for the fun brunch, one of these days for real! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks CB, food and backstory is great as usual. The 'nephew' has every right to look rough, it has been a rough season! I am glad you told everyone Matt was looking so good...not sure Angela wants that info out there tho...he is a handsome dude. Adult shadow puppets? Please say a video camera was present! Oliver is a regular now I see, and is being spoiled by someone with access to otter treats? Hmmmm who could that be? Love to all, Tante

Edgarfan said...

Well a shot of his hair is better than nothing Kim! lol Although I couldn't see it, am I blind?

What does that mean Edgar's on board not at the bar? Are they headed home CB?

Thanks for all the great posts! I love reading them (especially when I'm at work, it breaks up the day a little bit for me).

Edgarfan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gbbarb said...

Did I get the 13th comment again or does a deleted comment count? Such important questions

When the CM rolls in next week you have to get me a pic CB or I will be forced to continue driving you nuts. LOL

Brunch looks great but Junior looks like he needs a nap.

Reading said...

everything looks great...I love pampered chef stuff I have a kitchen full of it....

I know you had a great time on the NW....stay safe and warm...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful brunch today! I really look forward to our Sunday brunch together. Thanks CB for all the great pictures, and the time you take to do all this. You're the best!

mamawas said...

thanks for asking Freida to post on NW forums... many of your followers are there too (and you are too)
Donna

Akutan's April Dawn said...

the food looks awesome like usual.. I think I put on 5lb just from looking!!

I will keep my eyes open for the NW tonight, hopefully not too dark out.

LOL at the Edgar hair shot!

Margrita said...

Thanks CB the brunch was awesome loved seeing all that fresh shrimp and crab. Great pictures Mr. Otter looks like he is King of the Bay. the NW pictures were awesome. Have a great week.

purrduedvm said...

Thanks for the update and the pics CB. Glad to hear the NW is done/almost done?
I agree with ya, hope the Coasties are bored to tears from now on. I'm looking forward to following Dan's adventures as well. It's pretty cool what technology allows us to do these days.

...Fizz Wood.. said...

mine is the Quiche Lorriane CB!
and I might even try my first Crab leg also!
Thanks for the NW pictures! (though you have made Ang and Kim very upset at the lack of Norman and Edgar pics LMAO! :D
you are so good to give us updates!

Trouble said...

Hey CB- thanks for the shout-out. As you know I was the not-so illustrious bartender during brunch and I will tell you that the veggies were pretty tasty. I also dug the fruit platter. I had a waffle, which is unusual for me... whip cream, strawberries, syrup. The waffle was but a vehicle for these things.

Ang- I would totally share my veggies with you! I like to tease CB since he eats so much meat... I clearly love my colin better than he loves his! Ha.

Kisses...

Kathy said...

Thanks for the pictures of the NW and for Brunch, CB. I'm adding getting up there and enjoying it in person to my life-list! Sounds like the guys are exhausted from all they've been through this season. It's good to feel like you really earned you money, but sometimes mother nature seems to want to take it just a little bit too far! Hope the DC guys are getting enough film and sound from Sig for Mike Rowe to be able to tease him a bit during an After The Catch segment. Always nice to have a lighter spin to put on the tough times! Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey CB...you gonna teach Oliver to extend his 'belly stone' and say "More please, Sir."?

Cape Sarichef Aveda Salon (907)581-8100 said...

Tell the NW guys to come in for a haircut!! They are having bad hair days!! I know it's all that hard work, but come on let's look good too! I was wondering where you went Saturday, you disappeared now I know why...pampered chef, & cheesecake. Nice shirt you had on though! =)