Monday, October 12, 2009

Some of my favorite Sculptures at the Louvre

You know I hated the Pyramid at the Louvre when they first put it up...........
..............Now I find it one of my favorite features........Artistic tastes do change...........







The Emperor Tiberius...
I can not believe I cut off the god Herme's Hat!!
Claudius
Julius Caesar
My all time Favorite Sculpture. Emperor Augustus, also known as Octavius. I enjoy Roman Sculpture more than Greek even because it is more realistic, Even showing off Octavius's large ears and baby face. Still he was the first True Emperor of Rome and Crushed those who killed his Uncle Julius...........
Plus there is a little bit of Dutch Harbor with him..............LOL
Winged Victory
Bacchus

And the King who made it all possible.

http://www.louvre.fr/llv/commun/home.jsp

Go to the website for more!

11 comments:

Kimi said...

Who needs to spend money to travel. Just send CB and you get to travel without leaving your home! Love all the pics....thanks CB. Im going to show these to Miki so she can enjoy the sites.

mamawas said...

Kim you are so right we can be "armchair" travelers through DHD

I would so appreciate an art appreciation class as an "adult" not a 20 year old undergrad!!!

Thanks for the tour Brian

DOnna

Groovemaster Odin said...

Dude, awesome shots.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Z said...

thank you so much for lighting a candle .... I can't tell you how much that meant to me.

Z
Your photos are fabulous...I lived in Paris for 4 years and they made me homesick.

Margrita said...

CB awesome pictures. I so enjoy the roman sculptures. I have always thought their depictions of the Gods and humans were so much more realistic. I studied 2 courses of Greek Mythology in college often times I turned to the Roman interpretations of the myths/ legends/ events etc. The Roman translations but things in a more realistic light.
Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Lauri said...

Just like mamawas said....armchair travelers...

Thanks so much for sharing your photos...amazing!

Kimi said...

So can we chose your next destination lol? I vote for Norway! Can you let all the boys know we wish them a Happy Halloween! I hope we are gonna get a lot of pics from this year.

Katrin said...

these are all awesome!i wish i could visit the Louvre myself one day :)

if you ever get the chance you also should visit the Museum's Island in Berlin. A lot museums, sculptures and history. fromc ancient Rome to Egypt and modern times :D

Karen from VA said...

May I join your merry band? I've been enjoying your blog for a while now, being a DC fan, and bi-boatular at that. Your pics are always awesome, and I LOVED the Louvre. I just have to say I absolutely hate the pyramid at the Louvre. I almost died when I saw it. I don't recall, did you say you went to the d'Orsay, it inspired a great love of Renoir in me. Love your blog, I think you're a doll!

Theresa in WV said...

We were at the Louvre this past May and I snapped quite a few photos, but now I'm having difficulty identifying them!
Do you know the artist and name of the sculpture of the man sitting on the wheel? It looks to be a bronze.