Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Brunch, Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired but at least there are memories of Cardiff and Torchwood!

It's a Cold Rainy Day Up Dutch Harbor Way..............And CB has been sick most of this week.
I just had to come to Work today though.......I am so behind on projects here and I have to get the Christmas Decorations Up this week!! Just going to ignore the fact that I ache EVERYWHERE and muster on.........

Oh, and Although the food looks great I am not hungry at all so sorry if the food pictures are not up to standard.
Willie and Jeff putting up the Buffet....... Paul Bringing out Junior's Super Smoothies...........
Seafood Crepes.........
Kobe Beef and Swordfish Skewers...........
and Mandarin Orange Sesame Chicken.
See CD!!! Junior is Awake and ready to go!!
And look at all the Desserts!!
Though most of it has melted now this was the scene for most of the week here........
Heavy wet snow blanketed the island........
Resulting in quite a few planes being cancelled................
.....So if I had to be sick at least this was a good week to curl up inside and Watch the Torchwood: Children Of Earth Miniseries that I just got from Barnes and Nobles.
Like the Doctor Who Series it is Filmed mainly in Cardiff and was one of the Highlights of my Trip to Europe.
As the Capital of Wales, Cardiff is fiercely nationalistic and most signs are in English and Welsh....
.......and with Cardiff as a Capital who wouldn't be proud?
Brand new lavish buildings stand along side Centuries old structures, giving the city a firm rooting in the past but an eye towards the future.
And yes, there it is, the Actual "Entrance" to the Torchwood Underground Base!!
Cardiff Bay and Mermaid Quay at night from my Hotel Balcony.
One of the many many Pedestrian Shopping areas in Cardiff...........
Leading up to Cardiff Castle, who's origins trace back to a Roman Fortification over 2000 years ago.
The "Keep" pictured bellow is one of the oldest parts of the castle.........and you can climb all the way to the top.
Other parts of the Castle were added on in Victorian times.
It is a Steep and Narrow climb to the top..........
.....But the view is Worth it. Which is probably why Torchwood filmed here for two episodes.
The Red Welsh Dragon is Just about Everywhere and a few of my gifts to CD's and Alena's Kids carry the Image.
As many readers of the blog know I had a hard time choosing between two hotels In Cardiff, the Hilton by the Castle or The Saint David's Hotel In Cardiff Bay. I ended up staying at the Saint David's and Could not have been happier!! If you look at the Third Level and 4th Room from the Right that is my room.
The architecture of Cardiff really is a Photographers Dream from my hotel above.......
The Interior of My hotel .........
To the Severn Bridge.......
And of Course the Famous Spire Cardiff has it all!
Including in the Building on my left and Bellow and right accross from my hotel....

..The "Cardiff" homes of John Barrowman (Captain Jack) and his Husband, and David Tenant (Doctor Who). They occuppy the Two Penthouses of this apartment Complex. I Saw John one night standing on the Balcony doing just what I was, taking in the View of The Bay and Cardiff. How cool is that?

Anyway, feeling a little better today.......Hopefully I will be able to actually do some realy trekking around the island this week instead of reliving past glories.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone!!

13 comments:

mamawas said...

vacation pix are a great way to lift our moods glad England was so good to you CB.

Jr we are proud of you for rising promptly for work on Sunday w/o adult supervision!!

I will have a fish based buffet this fine day

Donna

Mary C said...

Thanks for the pictures CB. I hope you feel better soon! I hate being sick. Take care!!!

Kimi said...

I love the pics. I believe I recognize some streets from Doctor Who episodes or is that just my imagination. Good for you Jr.

Reading said...

CB...hope you feel better soon....the pics are great and the buffet looks mighty fine...

Cookie Dough said...

Get better..and ohh yeah I've decided Edward NOT Jacob....sorrry!

Margrita said...

Cb thanks for the great doctor Who and Torchwood, Cardiff Vacation pictures. It is so nice to see the places again. I have several of the Wales dragons myself.

Brunch was delicious the smoothies looked great as well as the fresh seafood. I hope you get to feeling better soon. The flu is awful this year. I will be putting up my Christmas decorations this week as well as getting packages ready for shipping

Kimi said...

did you see it CD? Im curious as to how they did all the morphing etc. Plus the guy who plays Jacob isn't a very big guy. wonder how they made him look bigger.

Milepost 154 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Oh man, that reminds me that I still have to load wood for Winter. And so tell me: what's "Torchwood" about?

BZ

Carlisleboy said...

Torchwood Began as an Anagram of "Doctor Who". It was how they transferred Doctor Who episodes so there were no leaks. When Russel Davies Took over And revitalized The Doctor Who Series he soon realized that he wanted to expand the franchise with a more "adult" Series as well. Thus "Torchwood" was born. In the story history it was first created by Queen Victoria in the 1880's to "Defend the Empire against Alien Invasion" Currently it is Operated by the Fabulous Captain Jack Harkness, an "omnisexual" from the 52ed Century who is trying to Save the planet and redeem himself for past wrongs. Gwen is the Newcomer to this world of Clandestine Crisies that are precepitated by alien incursions and Ianto Jones is the "coffee Boy" who helps save the world and still gets everyones Order right.
Its the best show on television.
BBC America, DVD, or I-Tunes.
Get it Today!!!

Lori said...

Awesome pics CB! Finally get to see Children of Earth - email me and tell me what you thought of it. I loved it and nnot evening knowing anything about the series. Hope you're feeling better - looks very cold but love all the snow pics!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Kate Kuree
kiev models

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about that matter. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is some pictures of some devices.

David Kripke
cellular jammers