Sunday, September 19, 2010

Derick and Alicia, gone for College part 2

What better way to say Goodbye to these two than a BBQ?
Of Course BBQing at CD house is the perfect Venue (Wonderful location, view Huge BBQ Space etc) It does come with it's own set of challanges...............
Like Finding a Basting Brush. No, I do not want any liquorice Altoids from the special containeer CD.
Ok, So it is not in a silverware drawer,
It's not in the Odds and ends drawer
Or in the OTHER odds and ends Drawer
No going to find it in the "Sprinkles" Drawer
No luck in the "Cupcake Liner Drawer"
No Luck in the upper levels of the "Spice Caves"
Or in the Lower Depths of the "Spice Caves"
The Drinking mix Quadrant provided no clues
SO it was time to hit the Booze.
AG making the salad just laughed as we planned the intervention for the next season of "Hoarders"
Bacon Wrapped Fillet Mignons, Chicken, and some beef tips with bacon.
Bring on the Grill. No Unalaskan BBQ is complete without salmon, Thanks AG!
Even some nice vegatables for stir-frying! Notice all the nice green Hills and lovely flowers in this and later photos. I watered the Island pretty good before I leave tomorrow, so I EXPECT IT TO STAY THAT WAY. If not I will have to blame CD, Veda and AG for not taking care of it when I am gone.

Super Numminess!

Perfect Salmon!

And Derick making his last deserts, Pudding topped crowns of Philo Dough.

SOOOOO Good!!
Then it was off to Replenish Glass Beach with Derick in the back,
Alicia
AG
CB
CD
And Bella who had her very own seat.

Again, Notice the nice Lush Green island.

Derick Retreiving a bottle that did not break



And CB puts his past behind him with a promise to not drink anymore UNOPENED or opened bottles of wine found while salmonbery picking.
And Then Bella Met Dakota (Dan's Dog)


A long contest of stick throwing and retreiving ensued


While the majority of us hunted for beach glass.



Unfortunately Dakota, being the older pup had the best skills, but I bet by next year at this time Bella will come out on top.



A Really nice YELLOW find for AG no matter What Derick and CD say about it being brown.

A Boy and his mum. Like you couldn't tell by the teeth alone!
Bella and her boy.
Finally the day was here when they were to fly So CB made his patented Grief packets.


Good to go.
And Because we never know how the plane ride is going to be, And Because a little Archangel was wispering in my ear, I got the Kids 12" subs. Chips, Chocolate and Mountain Dew.
Where is Derick?
The Plane is Already here!!!
FINALLY They get there!

And Just in time for some last family shots




From Junor and Juno to Alicia and Derick.............

Now the tears start.............................








One last shot and then they were away...........................Sorta
Because Derick was teasing CB about getting the new I-Phone right away when he got to Seattle the plane ride turned into quite an ordeal for them. They Flew from Dutch to King Salmon, landed, took on fuel then to Anchorage where they could not land due to heavy fog, so back to King Salmon where they again refueled and tied for Anchorage only to again be sent back to King Salmon, Only ending up in hotel rooms about 4am. Then it was not looking good again until Derick to MY advice and apologized to Saint Michael the Archangel outloud on the plane. they made it right into Anchorage then, but still had to wait for the flight to Seattle till late that next evening.
Lesson Learned.
I fly out to Seattle Tomorrow for a few days there before I head to my Secret Vacation spot. I'll try to post one more before I get there. If not the Next post will be from someplace amazing on the 24th.
Have a great Day!
CB

16 comments:

mamawas said...

The family smiles are so wonderful. I do know CD's vacation destination and wish him all the prayers and excitement of this one in a lifetime adventure
Luv ya
Donna

Cookie Dough said...

CD's? LOL you mean CB! I haven't told anyone my next vacation spot! I should start planning it, it's less than 2 months from now.

Whatever, whatever!! Sonia and I took SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff to be donated today. So no intervetion needed, I'm merely prepared, not crazed.

mamawas said...

yep CD I do mean CB SORRY I don't know cookie dough's vacation secrets. Brian was top secret on his vacation location in July, do you know his destination yet?
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at dutchharbordirt.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Oliver

Cookie Dough said...

ohh yeah I know all about it! :) Mine is not nearly as fancy-fabolous-planned-out but it's still going to be GREAT!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I am DYING over the tour of CD's drawers and cabinets!!!! This is AG by the way, too lazy to sign in first.

Margrita said...

CB your gonna have a great vacation from your hints looking forward to finding out where when you reveal it. Love the tour of CD's Drawers the basting brush I think I got it lol she had a big collection of items for sell bought them to replace mine... seems they got replaced to my kids place. Looks liek a gorgeous day did a good job on getting everything nice and green for the kid's last BBQ. The food looked fantastic. What a wonderful idea food packs for the kids and grief packs for everyone else. Poor CD know it was hard to see them leave. So glad they finally got to Seattle.
Just love CD's being prepared comment ... you should see my cabinets and drawers yep got it all plus some LOL. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

looking so forward to your vacation comments and pictures. Once again, I live vicariously thru you and Dan! Have a great vacation.
Kay

Anonymous said...

looking so forward to your pictures and comments of your vacation. Once again, living vicariously thru you and Dan. Have a wonderful time.
Kay
Posted anonomously because can't remember log in! old age!

Kimi said...

ok, CD how much do you charge to come and whip us ADD chaos freaks into shape? Love the shots. call it Amber and be happy! wish we lived near a beach to go glass collecting

Cookie Dough said...

ohhh AND the intervention did have some success! AG & I hauled more than I'm willing to admit to a church that hold garage sales. I'd rather work for Veda then list all of those fancy clothes on ebay anyway! Kills me...but they're gone now! Not one pile in the entire house. The shelves are emptier, soem cupboards and all 4 bedrooms are not full and organized! Feeling very proud of myself and grateful for AG for running to the church 3x with me!!

Lori said...

What a nice send off - but not without an adventure of sorts. The barbecue looked so good. I can't wait for your posts from your secret location! Enjoy and be safe!

Kimi said...

gonna get rid of the bad juju. next post please

Mystic said...

OMG..I can't believe how long I've been away! Congrats to Cookie Dough for raising a responsible, smart and kind young man. I wish Derick and Alicia both the best as they embark on this new adventure.

CB...forgive me for being away so long. I've just been slammed with the start of school. Love ya much and will call soon!

Lauri said...

Just a quick note....I will be posting pics of my finds on the beach near my new home! I found some GREAT pieces....so excited!

Also, so very happy for the kid's going to college and all...feel a little sad for the parents...but life does go on...happy that Mel is cleaning out her stuff, and that we won't be needing an intervention.
Love ya! Lauri

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at dutchharbordirt.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Jules