Saturday, September 25, 2010

Egypt...........the not quite legal pictures

So.............anyway.............there might have been a few photos taken that "accidently" violated some minor laws........
.........Like I guess we were not supposed to climb this wall at the Great Pyramid.....
.........But new friends Sacha and JoAnn did not know this either..........
.......... And Neither did their Dad Sam........
And you are not supposed to take pictures, or flirt with the tourist security police.........
.........and this wall was DEFINITELY off limits.......at least according to the guards.......
........And even though Cameras are not Allowed "Inside" the Pyramid some photos might have been taken with the I-Phone as I was checking for a signal.........





.......Literally, it was like 100 degrees in there and 1oo% humidity!! You have to crawl down into and then up two different narrow tunnels. I lost my Blue hat AND some seaglass that just happened to be in my pocket along with another special item. It's possible that all these events interferred with the I-Phone and caused pictures to be spontaniously taken...........the "staging" is entirely cooncidenctial.



Deep in the Heart of the Pyramid.......the actual Burial Chamber........you can actually feel the weight of Centuries bearing down on you. You are only allowed in for 10 minutes and pretty much that is all Sacha and I coud take. SOOOOOOO HOT!! Once we got out it was a good 10 minute recovery time before we could walk back on down to the other pyramids.



Again.........all these pictures......."Accidently", might have, possibly, violated some laws.

Sorry Egypt!

Early morning tomorrow........Drive to Memphis and Saquarra...so much more later!

Enjoy everyone!

12 comments:

Reading said...

wow definately a trip of a lifetime...that darn IPhone always taking pictures it shouldn't - did the same thing to my daughter in Italy!! Have a blast, I really am jealous...Egypt has always been high on my list of places to go...

Anonymous said...

You are SO going to jail in Egypt CB. WE are all going to have to come over and bail your sorry butt out, after they torture you with giant creepy crawling bugs. While you are breaking laws, don,t forget to (steal) my Egyptian sand. LOL

mamawas said...

CB you have no fear of close in places...crawling into such a small space is so brave of you.

Thanks for smuggling blog pix out for us
Donna

Mystic said...

I'm sooooooo excited for you CB! Enjoy every minute of your trip. Live the Egyptian adventure for all of us hon!
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Hawass is going to kick your butt!

Kimi said...

lol. wow, your phone goes haywire near old things huh. lol. enjoy your vacation!!

Mary C said...

Love the pictures Brian! I do hope no "curses" follow you out of the tombs! I think you better knock on wood and do a backwards Swedish turn just in case!!!

Cookie Dough said...

CB! Quit taking pics where you're not supposed to! You don't like it when tourists take pics at the R.O. church! You get very uset. Be good, be respectful....ok done nagging.
It's my job, it's what I do.

Margrita said...

Bad CB bad naughty taking pictures control your I-phone give it a time out. The crawl through the pyramid is a hot humid workout but quite worth it. IMHO They are architectural achievements using the tools they had at that time. Enjoy your vacation great shirt.

Anonymous said...

CB. Have some consideration for others. There is a reason NOT to climb the walls, maybe preserve for others? Bad Boy.
Have fun without breaking rules. There are many spirits around the pyramids, that we do not want you to bring home

Audreya said...

Looks like you're having a great time! Egypt, wow! I won't hound you too much for the accidental pictures. I have an iPhone too... and they just take pictures in the strangest places. It's like they have a mind of their own. *wink* Just don't get deported!! :-) Can't wait to hear the rest of your adventure.

Cookie Dough said...

We can give him a hard time! We have to hear his frustration when people don't follow rules here at home. But it's all good. Now I can roll my eyes next time he complain about someone stepping out of bounds on a tour or at the hotel lol.